GIS Day Activities in Williamson County
- A fun search and rescue activity where students use GPS units to navigate to various locations around the Dell Diamond to complete a search and rescue activity.
- An interactive activity that allows for the students to collect feature data in the field on a mobile device.
- Students will learn how GIS is used at the National Weather Service and how they can display hurricane tracks and thunderstorms using Google Earth.
- Students will learn from college students regarding real world projects using GIS techniques.
- Students will learn about the GIS and the equipment that First Responders use to help protect the citizens of Williamson County.